TABLE OF CONTENTS
W. Charles Sternbergh, III M.D.
Gilbert R. Upchurch, Jr., M.D.
William D. Jordan, Jr., M.D.
David L. Cull, MD, MBA
Matthew S. Edwards, MD
Samuel R. Money, MD, FACS
Eric D. Endean, MD
Charles B. Ross, MD
Melissa Kirkwood, MD
Patrick A. Stone, MD
Representative to SVS
William A. Marston, MD
Active, Candidate, and Corresponding Memberships
If you wish to sponsor a colleague for SAVS Membership , an application form must be requested from the Secretary-Treasurer by the sponsoring member. Completed applications must be received by the Secretary-Treasurer's office by October 1, 2019 in order to be considered at the January 2020 Annual Meeting. Please note the qualifications for membership as outlined below:
Qualifications for Active Membership:
- The active membership consists of those surgeons recommended by the Executive Council from the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, DC;
- Applicants must be certified by the American Board of Surgery (ABS) and/or the American Board of Thoracic Surgery, with Fellowship in the American College of Surgeons, and, with rare exception, be graduated from an approved vascular surgery training program and be certified by the Vascular Surgery Board of the ABS;
- Applicants not certified by the Vascular Surgery Board of the ABS must document at least fifty (50) major peripheral vascular reconstructive procedures in each of the three years preceding application, exclusive of residency and fellowship training;
- The application must be accompanied by letters of sponsorship (1) and endorsement (2) by three members in good standing of the Association. One of these members must be from the Applicant's home state.
Qualifications for Candidate Membership:
- The candidate membership consists of Fellows & Residents in approved Vascular Surgery training programs, General Surgery residents accepted into approved Vascular Surgery training
- Programs, or Vascular Surgeons who do not yet meet the requirements for active membership within the region of the SAVS;
- A letter of sponsorship is required from either the applicant's Program Director or a member in good standing of the Association from the applicant's home state;
- Candidate membership has a maximum term of five years following completion of training.
Qualifications for Corresponding Membership:
- Corresponding membership consists of those surgeons residing outside the United States recommended by the Executive Council.
- Applicants must meet the requirements for Active Membership in Article I, Section 5(a) of the bylaws.
- Certification in Vascular Surgery from the American Board of Surgery or its equivalent is highly desirable.
- The application must be accompanied by letters of sponsorship (1) and endorsement (2) by three members in good standing of the Association. All application materials should then be returned to the office of the Secretary-Treasurer, William D. Jordan, Jr., M.D., Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Emory University Department of Surgery, TEC Building A 2200, 1365 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322. 404-778-3152. email@example.com